Since 2005, West Lancashire Sport Partnership has supported schools to deliver high quality PE and school sport.
We deliver a range of services for schools to access which include:
- The deployment of a team of School Sport Specialists to deliver high-quality curriculum Physical Education and to work alongside teachers and teaching assistants to develop their knowledge and confidence in PE delivery. Further delivery information can be found in the Programmes - Core PE section.
- The organisation and delivery of Level 1, 2 and 3 School Games across West Lancashire.
- Wider competitions delivered on behalf of our three PE associations: Ormskirk and District, Skelmersdale and District and Tarleton and Rural District. These take place at schools and other community venues, supported by trained Young Leaders
- Access to Bikeability Level 1 and Level 2
- Access to a 12-week Health and Wellbeing programme delivered by Health and Wellbeing Specialists (delivered in schools for one term on a four-term rotation)
- Support to deliver the new physical activity targets in schools (Active 30:30)
- Access to a minimum of 3 x CPD opportunities
- Access to a minimum of 4 x AGT events
- Access to a minimum of 4 x Inclusion Festivals
- Access to a minimum of 4 x events targeting young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Access to a media and sport Leadership Day
- Access to approved club and coach databases
- Access to online booking system on this website
- Opportunities for pupils to sit on the West Lancashire Sport Partnership Sports Council
- Access to Young Netball Leader and Junior Football Organiser training
- Access to a minimum of 2 x Health and Wellbeing Festivals for school staff.
- Our extensive array of 'Bolt On' provision, available to view under Programmes
- Bespoke support and sharing of best practice of how to use PE, school sport and physical activity to raise whole school standards and address whole school priorities.
And many more opportunities to engage in wider programmes developed and delivered throughout the academic year.
|Sport Premium - Key Indicators||17/01/2019||1.9 MB|